Average MSRP Increase (since 2012)
2014 Kia Optima:
- Book value: $12,500
- Actual price: $16,400(!)
Repeat after me:
Book values are inaccurate. Book values are inaccurate. Book values are inaccurate.
2019 Chevy Sonic:
Here is what happened with this deal:
- After we purchased the car, we discovered it needed interior work ($425)
- Reconditioning costs were way above expectations (Parts alone costed $1,250)
- Customer who purchased had challenged credit. This led to:
- An inability to upsell added products, as the customer was 'monthly payment' constrained.
- We paid a $1,000 'acquisition' fee to the lender. This reduces the risk for the lender by reducing the LTV.
2018 GMC Terrain:
2019 Infiniti QX60:
Welcome to the Car Buyer Cheatsheet